Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gluten Free Cornbread

I try not to eat too much gluten. For a while I was totally gluten free but I can tolerate it much better now. Still, gluten is so overeaten in our diet that taking a gluten break is a great idea. Many symptoms often clear up. From bloating to stiff joints the list is long. Today I made cornbread. It was tasty. Here it my ROTD (Recipe Of The Day)

1 Cup of Organic Corn Meal
1 Cup of Brown Rice Flour
1 Cup Rice Milk (If you do dairy than replace with Milk)
1/2 cup of Agave Nectar (but I think honey would be even better! Next time.)
1/2 cup of organic apple sauce (or butter if you do dairy)
1/2 tsp of sea salt
4 tsp of aluminum free baking powder
1 egg (or egg substitute)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix dry ingredients first. Then add the rest and mix until fully absorbed. Pour into a small square pan that is greased with canola oil. Cook about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature. Play around with the recipe. That is what I do. Let me know of any additions or changes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try this one and let you know how it goes!!! Thank you for sharing! XOXO

    ReplyDelete