Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gluten-Free Brushetta Pizza


I love pizza but it doesn't love me. I have had to make some adjustments and I am really satisfied with the outcome. Here is my version of pizza.

Ingredients

1 Medium onion, sliced in long strips

2-3 Bulbs of garlic, chopped fine

1 1/2 Tbsp and 1/2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Package of Gluten Free Pizza Crust-found in the frozen food section of most health food stores. I got my package at Whole Foods. There are a few different kinds. A few brands have no gluten but have dairy. I prefer Vicolo. It that is made from corn meal. They use non-GMO (Genetically Modified) corn. It was delicious. This package has 2 crusts.

2 Large Tomatoes-chopped, drain excess liquid!

1/2 Bunch of broccoli florets (You can also use zucchini, eggplant and cauliflower. Use combinations!)

1/4 Cup fresh basil, chopped

1 Tblsp dried oregano

Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (or whatever the package of pizza crust suggests) Start by sauteing the onion and garlic in 1 1/2 Tbsp of the oil. Place two crusts on a broiler pan. Place the drained tomatoes on the bottom. Add you broccoli and other veggies. Top with the onion mixture. Scatter the basil on top. Sprinkle the seasonings and drizzle the remaining oil on the top of it all. Bake for about 15-20 depending on how crispy you like it. Serve with a tossed salad. Enjoy!

Optional Ingredients: Mushrooms and olives (not canned) are another great addition.

     

The pizza crust I like                                                                              



Onions and garlic sauteed in a separate pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment