Monday, December 14, 2009

Gluten Free Apple Crumble



I just bought incredible organic Gala apples so I thought it would be a great time to share this recipe. This is one of my own concoctions. Feel free to expand on it. It is a delicious all natural dessert to have at any holiday party. Enjoy!

6 peeled & cored organic apples-your choice of what type but I love Gala.
1/2 Cup of Organic Raisins (optional)
1/2 Cup of Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup of Organic Quick cooking oats (for gluten free make sure package states it is gluten free)
1/2 Cup of Organic Butter or Ghee (clarified butter, truly my weakness) softened at room temperature
1 Tsp  + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 Tsp each of nutmeg, ginger and cloves (optional)
3/4 Cup + 1/4 Cup of Agave Nectar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place peeled apples & raisins in a glass pie plate. Drizzle the 1/4 Cup of Agave Nectar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon over and mix. In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients. This is the crumble. Scatter the crumble mix over the apples and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with a cup of ginger tea.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous Laura ;). I might try to sub out the agave nectar for brown rice syrup/raw honey and see what happens. I hope you are enjoying your new VitaMix! I love your daily recipes ;).

    ReplyDelete